Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Beatles Are Coming to Bintulu

Rummaging my collection of old documents, books etc I stumbled upon a series of song books that were the main diet for English songs in the 1960's.
For those die-hard Beatles fans (like myself) and others out there, I would like to share the songs included in the three volumes of O.K. Hit Songs book released in 1966 which I bought in my younger days i.e. 42 years ago in Bintulu at which time I was in Form Three.
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, the Beatles came to town. Check out whether the songs that you grew up with are included in the list below, bearing in mind that these were the earlier  days of the Beatlesmania. And I was still struggling with my guitar chords, English proficiency and voice chords to imitate the Beatles style then.
42 years old
Vol. 196-200 ( 1966)
(Songs are listed in alphabetical order)
A Hard Day's Night
All My Loving
And I Love Her
Anna
ATaste of Honey
Bad Boy
Can't Buy Me Love
Day Tripper
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Do You Want to Know a Secret
Drive My Car
Eight Days a Week
From Me to You
Girl
Help
Hold Me Tight
 I Call Your Name
 I Feel Fine
If I Needed Someone
I'll Follow the Sun
 I'm Down
I'm Happy Just to Dance With You
In My Life
 I Saw Her Standing There
I Should Have Known Better
It Wont Be Long
I Want To Hold Your Hand
 Long Tall Sally
Love Me Do
Michelle
Misery
Mister Moonlight
Money
Norwegian Wood
Nowhere Man
Please Mr. Postman
Please, Please Me
P.S. I Love You
Rock and Roll Music
Run For Your Life
She Loves You
She's a Woman
Tell Me What You See
The Night Before
The Word
 Think For Yourself
This Boy
Ticket to Ride
Till There Was You
Twist and Shout
Want
We Can Work It Out
What Goes On
Words OF Love
 World Without Love
Yesterday
You Can't Do That
You Like Me Too Much
You're Going to Lose That Girl
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
You Won't See Me
42 Years Old
Vol.201-205 ( 1966)
Paper Back Writer
Rain
42 Years Old
Vol. 206-210( 1966)
And Your Bird Can Sing
Doctor Robert
Drive My Car
Eight Days A Week
Eleanor Rigby
Feed The Birds
For No One
Good Day Sunshine
Got to Get You Into My Life
Here, There and Everywhere
I'm Only Sleepy
I Want To Tell Yo
Love You To
She Said She Said
Tomorrow Never Knows
Yellow Submarine
Note:
For the record, the O.K. Hit Songs book were sold by  Nyiap Mui Bookstore. And Nyiap Mui's advertisement in the 1961 Bintulu Centenary Celebrations sovenier programme book is shown below:

No comments: