Monday, June 1, 2009

Feliciano Songs for the Recording

I'm checking my list of songs to be recorded for my own rendition of Jose Feliciano songs for my 2nd Solo Exhibition in October.   Of course there are many other singers that I'll be imitating like the Bee Gees, Beatles and other Indonesian and Malaysian singers for songs in Malay.
Since today is a holiday in Sarawak ( Ist June= Padi Harvest Holiday or Gawai Dayak), I set the whole day to practice singing on the guitar a couple of Jose's songs that I will record in Bintulu next week.  
My fascination for Jose Feliciano's style of singing grew slowly over the years.  In 1971 I sang for the first time "Rain" in an open air concert at the Universiti Sains Malaysia in Penang while as an undergraduate student there.  Much later in the 1980's I sang "Loving Her Was Easier" in a big hall with the Chief Minister of Sarawak in attendance.  On both occassions I sang with the guitar. Jose's voice continue to astound me with his bagful of soul in interpreting songs to his masterly style of guitar work and a voice that only great singers possess.
 
The list of songs that I'll record soon:

Angela
Che Sera
First of May
Gotta Get A Message to You
In My Life
Light My Fire
Loving Her Was Easier
Old Turkey Buzzard
Rain
The Air That I Breathe
The Last Thing On My Mind
Windmills of Your Mind

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

Wow, will you be the one signing? What other hidden talents do you have.;))I love Jose Feliciano; Light My Fire is one of my favorite ones ever.;)))

Mahmud Yussop said...

Yep, I'll be singing my heart out:))